Every year at the CAPH/SNI Annual Conference, we showcase the most impressive initiatives that improve and advance high-quality, equitable health care among our member systems with the Quality Leaders Awards (QLAs).
The goals of the QLAs are to:
- Showcase forward-thinking and innovative approaches in California’s public health care systems to address the health needs of the communities they serve
- Encourage the spread of effective strategies that improve and advance high-quality, equitable health care
- Recognize the dedicated and talented professionals working in public health care systems
Four categories of awards:
This year, to recognize the incredible advances of public health care systems, we are updating the QLA award categories to reflect a renewed focus on equity, population health, transformation, and innovation. We also added an additional award so we can celebrate more of our members.
- Health Equity:
- Recognizes an outstanding effort to promote health equity and reduce disparities.
- Population Health:
- Recognizes an outstanding effort to improve population health by using data-driven approaches to identify and address multiple drivers of health outcomes.
- Care Redesign:
- Recognizes an outstanding effort to redesign care processes in a way that increases efficiencies, advances clinical quality, and enhances the patient experience.
- Recognizes an outstanding innovation in technology, models of care, and/or system transformation that improves health outcomes and care delivery.
In addition, all applicants will be considered for the Top Honor, which recognizes an outstanding effort to improve patient care that demonstrates achievement across multiple award categories.
To be eligible for a QLA:
- The improvement initiative must be led by the public health care system that is a member of CAPH. County and community partners may be involved (e.g., criminal justice, health plans, community-based organizations).
- The improvement effort must fit into one of the categories listed above.
Application Deadline: August 27, 2021
- Thank you to all those who submitted QLA submission this year!
Check out our 2020 winners!
Questions? Contact Zoe So, Program Coordinator at SNI