Quality Leaders Awards
Every year at the CAPH/SNI Annual Conference, we showcase the most impressive initiatives that improve and advance high-quality, equitable health care among our member systems with the Quality Leaders Awards (QLAs).
The goals of the QLAs are to:
- Showcase forward-thinking and innovative approaches in California’s public health care systems to address the health needs of the communities they serve
- Encourage the spread of effective strategies that improve and advance high-quality, equitable health care
- Recognize the dedicated and talented professionals working in public health care systems
Four categories of awards:
- Equity: Addresses inequities in underserved populations by advancing organizational and/or health equity improvement efforts.
- Population Health: Improves population health by using data-driven approaches to identify and address multiple drivers of health outcomes.
- Care Redesign: Redesigns care processes in a way that increases efficiency, advances clinical quality, and enhances the patient experience.
- Innovation: Demonstrates innovation in technology, models of care, and/or system transformation that improves health outcomes and care delivery.
In addition, all applicants will be considered for the Top Honor, which recognizes an outstanding effort to improve patient care that demonstrates achievement across multiple award categories.
To be eligible for a QLA:
- The improvement initiative must be led by the public health care system that is a member of CAPH. County and community partners may be involved (e.g., criminal justice, health plans, community-based organizations).
- The improvement effort must fit into one of the categories listed above.
Application Deadline extended to August 31, 2023
Check out our 2022 winners!