PRIME is a pay-for-performance delivery system improvement program and one of the cornerstones of the Medi-Cal 2020 waiver, providing up to $3.2 billion in funding to California’s public health care systems if all targets are met. The program is nothing short of ambitious, with a minimum of nine required projects for CAPH members, who must report an average of 50-60 quality metrics twice yearly to the State.
To ensure members have the support needed to meet key reporting deadlines, SNI provides timely, responsive hands-on support to PRIME leads and their teams at California’s public health care systems through one-on-one targeted technical assistance and the publication of in-depth guides and manuals.
In addition to the technical support for reporting requirements, SNI fosters a peer group for the PRIME leads through a series of webinars and workshops, where members share on-the-ground implementation challenges and lessons learned – with topics ranging from PRIME governance, to data validation, to best practices on strategically aligning PRIME with other care transformation initiatives.
SNI’s PRIME support also aligns closely with our Ambulatory Care Redesign offerings, in which we are identifying and sharing successful operational and clinical practices for the six required PRIME projects.
- PRIME program update (Dec 2019)
- Improving the Quality of Care In Medi-Cal: Results from PRIME (Jan 2019)
- PRIME program update (Dec 2018)
- Reducing Health Disparities at California’s Public Hospital Systems (May 2018)
- PRIME program update (Dec 2017)
- PRIME Issue Brief (May 2017)
- PRIME projects list and an example project description and metrics
- Medi-Cal 2020 waiver