Data Driven Organizations Program
CAPH members have long been on a data analytics transformation journey, from implementing electronic health records and optimizing registries to developing an organizational data strategy. With the Medi-Cal 2020 waiver and each program’s associated reporting requirements, California’s public health care systems must continue developing robust, accurate and timely data analytics to support not just regulatory reporting, but also front-line teams driving local improvement.
SNI continues to strengthen the data analytics capacity among public health care systems through its Data for Improvement program. The program, supported by Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit Northern California, uses PRIME reporting as an actionable case study and emphasizes four key areas of data analytics capacity: data quality, performance measurement, analysis of data, and acting on results. Participants are given access to industry experts, webinars, applied learning activities, and curated resources. Data for Improvement builds on the Data Driven Organization 2015 workshop series, which focused on governance and leadership.
Additionally, SNI hosts the Chief Informatics Officer and Chief Medical Informatics Officer peer group, holding regular meetings to share staffing, procurement and other key updates. In 2017, SNI launched the “Health IT Perspectives” webinar series, in which external organizations share relevant case studies with member analytics leaders and staff.
- Learn more about the PRIME program
- See the State of California’s Medi-Cal 2020 waiver page, which includes Special Terms and Conditions of the waiver and more about reporting requirements
- Read the February 2017 SNI Forward on this topic
- Watch a short video on the the 2016 Quality Leaders Awards’ Data Driven Organizations winner
- Watch a short video on the the 2015 Quality Leaders Awards’ Data Driven Organizations winner