The Quality Interpreting in California Hospitals Conference, held November 7-8 at the Waterfront Plaza Hotel in Oakland , brought together language access experts from over 30 various hospitals to discuss challenges and strategies to providing quality interpreting services to limited English proficient patients across the state. The conference was sponsored by SNI, the Healthcare Interpreter Network, and Kaiser Permanente. Presenters included representatives from San Francisco General , Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center , and the Joint Commission.
- Language Proficiency Testing for Bilingual Staff by Contra Costa Health Services
- Snapshot of Hospitals, Language, and Culture by The Joint Commission
- Technology Behind HCIN by Paras & Associates
- Language Services Department Overview by Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- Sustaining Language Services by San Francisco General Hospital
- Interpreter Services & HCIN by San Joaquin General Hospital
- Medical Interpreting Program by UC Davis Medical Center