CalAIM Enhanced Care Management and Community Supports: A Resource Hub for Whole Person Care Pilots
On January 1, 2022, many of the services provided under Whole Person Care (WPC) will transition to Medi-Cal managed care under two new initiatives: Enhanced Care Management (ECM) and Community Supports (previously known as in lieu of services). SNI is working in partnership with Aurrera Health Group (AHG), with support from the California Health Care Foundation, to support WPC pilots as they make the transition. Through the WPC Peer-to-Peer Learning Collaborative, SNI and AHG regularly convene pilot leads to share successes and tackle challenges, and develop resources to guide transition efforts. These resources, as well as tools shared by the pilots, will be posted here as they are developed. Out of date resources will be archived.
The materials posted on this site are independent and separate from policy guidance issued by the Department of Health Care Services.
For additional information regarding ECM and Community Supports, visit the DHCS website
To contact DHCS, please email: CalAIMECMILOS@dhcs.ca.gov
- CalAIM, Enhanced Care Management, and Community Supports: A Primer for Counties
- Demonstrating Readiness to Provide Enhanced Care Management to Managed Care Plans
- Alameda County Care Connect – Whole Person Care Transition FAQs
- Alameda County Care Connect – Whole Person Care Transition Presentation
- WPC Peer-to-Peer Learning Collaborative Slide Deck: Preparing to be an ECM Provider (8/24/21)
- WPC Peer-to-Peer Learning Collaborative Slide Deck: Planning for Clients Who May Not Transition to ECM & ECM/ILOS FAQ Walk-Through (9/7/21)
- WPC Peer-to-Peer Learning Collaborative Slide Deck: Noticing & National Provider Identification (NPI) Updates (10/5/21)
- WPC Peer-to-Peer Learning Collaborative Slide Deck: Data Sharing & PATH Discussion (10/19/2021)
- WPC Peer-to-Peer Fall Convening Slide Deck: Whole Person Care in Review & CalAIM Transition (11/4/21)
- WPC Peer-to-Peer Learning Collaborative Slide Deck: Reporting/Data Sharing Guidance & CalAIM-Related Funding Initiatives (11/30/21)