Coronavirus Resources for Members
SNI and CAPH have compiled resources to assist members with responding to the Coronavirus.
Resources from Other Health Care Systems
- Kaiser Permanente Northern California Mitigation Phase Playbook Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- University of Washington Medicine COVID-19 Resources Site
- Handbook of COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment, The First Affiliated Hospital Zhejang University School of Medicine
State and Federal Resources
California Department of Public Health
- For daily updates on COVID-19 from CDPH, visit their news releases page.
- For the most updated information on state guidance, visit CDPH’s coronavirus guidance page.
- Guidance available for adult and senior care facilities, health care workers, first responders, health care facilities, health care plans, homeless assistance providers, immigration communities, and screening and testing for Medi-Cal managed care plans, among others.
- CDPH coronvirus page includes other resources, such as FAQ about N95 & Protection from COVID-19, Outpatient Healthcare facility infection control recommendations for suspect COVID-19 patients, and communications graphics
- New COVID-19 website (awareness campaign, more geared towards general public)
Department of Health Care Services
- DHCS COVID-19 Medi-Cal Response – includes resources specific to Medi-Cal, such as COVID-19 guidance for telehealth and virtual/telephonic communications, COVID-19 lab testing as a new benefit, and other materials.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Guidance for Healthcare Professionals
- Includes guidance and resources on Persons Under Investigation (PUI), clinical care, infection control, personal protective equipment, and home care.
- Resources for Clinical and Healthcare Facilities
- Includes interim guidance for healthcare facilities, prepare to care for COVID-19: Get your practice ready, steps healthcare facilities can take, return-to-work criteria for healthcare workers, strategies to prevent COVID-19 in Long-Term Care Facilities (LTCF), interim guidance for outpatient hemodialysis facilities.
- Resources for Health Departments
- Includes information and resources about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) for state, local, territorial and tribal health departments.
- Includes interim guidance and resources for laboratory professionals working with specimens from persons under investigation (PUI) for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- CDC offers free resources including video, fact sheets, and posters. Included are links to current communication tools and resources available for use and distribution.
Other CDC resources:
- Cases and Latest Updates
- Schools, Workplaces, and Community Locations
- How to Prepare
- Symptoms and Testing
- If You are Sick
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- CMS’ coronavirus page includes:
- Clinical and technical guidance for health care systems, labs, and for Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) organizations
- Billing and coding guidance
- Survey and certification guidance
- Coverage guidance
- Medicaid and CHIP guidance
- Partners resources and consumer information
Association and Other Resources
California Hospital Association (CHA)
- Check out latest news and updates from CHA on the coronavirus.
California State Association of Counties (CSAC)
- Among other resources, their website includes a detailed report from the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES), CDPH, and California Health and Human Services Agency with specific numbers on hospital capacity and PPE stockpile availability. Find this document under State of California section, Latest COVID-19 Facts and Talking Points.
America’s Essential Hospitals (AEH)
- AEH offers a rich and growing collection of general and topical resources for members. Visit this library regularly for new and updated information.
Executive Orders by Governor Newsom
- Health Care Workforce (3/30/2020)
- State Prisons and Juvenile Facilities (3/24/2020)
- Presidential Major Disaster Declaration (3/22/2020)
- Health Care Delivery System (3/21/2020)
- Vote-by-Mail (3/20/2020)
- National Guard at Food Banks (3/20/2020)
- Stay at Home Order (3/19/2020)
- USNS Mercy Hospital Ship (3/19/2020)
- Federal Assistance Request (3/19/2020)
- $150 Million Homeless Funding (3/18/2020)
- Suspend Standardized Testing (3/18/2020)
- Social Safety Net (3/18/2020)
- Critical supplies and equipment (3/17/2020)
- Emergency legislation signed (3/17/2020)
- Telehealth waiver (3/17/2020)
- National Guard on alert (3/17/2020)
- Renters and homeowners (3/16/2020)
- Licensed facilities, staff & residents (3/16/2020)
- Emergency legislative action (3/16/2020)
- State funding for schools (3/13/2020)
- State and local response (3/12/2020)
- Mass gatherings (3/11/2020)