About the QLAs
Every year, at the CAPH/SNI Annual Conference, we showcase the innovative approaches to improve care and advance population health in California’s public health care systems through the Quality Leaders Awards (QLAs). For over 20 years, the QLA’s have honored the good work underway to achieve high value, high quality, patient-centered care.
2019 QLA Applications Now Available!
Applications due to Gina Lenhart (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, August 30, 2019. This year’s CAPH/SNI QLAs will be presented on Thursday, December 5, 2019 at the CAPH/SNI Annual Conference December 4-6, 2019 at the Paradise Point Resort in San Diego, CA. For more information, on the 2019 annual conference click here.
The Goals of the QLAs are to:
- Showcase forward-thinking and innovative approaches in California’s public health care systems to address the health care needs of the communities they serve
- Encourage the spread of effective strategies that improve the quality of care and advance population health
- Recognize the dedicated and talented professionals working in public health care systems.
Recognizes an outstanding effort to improve system integration, expand access, and provide the highest quality of care.
Ambulatory Care Redesign Award
Recognizes an outstanding effort to deliver “right place, right time care” and, ultimately, to improve population health.
Data-Driven Organization Award
Recognizes an outstanding effort to build data infrastructure, develop data analytics capacity, and/or leverage data to improve clinical care.
Performance Excellence Award
Recognizes an outstanding effort to improve care processes by removing waste, advancing clinical quality, and/or enhancing patient experience.
To be eligible for a QLA:
- The improvement initiative must be driven by the public health care system that is a member of CAPH. County and community partners may be involved (e.g., criminal justice, health plans, community-based organizations).
- The improvement effort must go above and beyond requirements in PRIME, Global Payment Program, or Whole Person Care programs
- The improvement effort must fit into one of the categories listed above.